Materials RequiredYou will need the following things to frame the mirror of your bathroom.
- Tape Measure
- 4 ct. 1x6 boards
- 2 ct. 1x4 boards that are three inches wide
- 1x2 Trim
- 5" Crown Molding
- Wood Putty
- Tack Cloth
- Paint and Paintbrush
Wooden Bathroom Mirror
Instruction for Framing a MirrorFollowing steps should be followed to frame your bathroom mirror.
- With the help of the measuring tape, measure the bathroom mirror.
- Cut the 1x6 board into 4 pieces with the help of saw. Keep in mind the measurement of the mirror. Nail the pieces together to make the frame for the front of mirror.
- Cut the 1x4 boards so that it fits the frame. Nail them into place on the sides of the frame for giving support.
- Cut the 1x2 trim for the innermost trim. This trim is going to adorn the mirror and secure it in place. Carefully nail into place.
- Top the frame with the 5" crown molding and nail into place.
- If you see any nail holes, fill them with wood putty.
- Let the mirror frame dry completely.
- After the mirror frame dries out, sand the frame smoothly. Dust off using the tack cloth.
- Now apply primer on the mirror frame and again let it dry completely.
- After the primer gets dried, paint the frame with in choice of color with the help of the paintbrush.
- Apply a strip of glue carefully onto the inside of the mirror frame.
- Now carefully place the frame into place on the front of the mirror.
- Wipe off any glue remains on the mirror frame.