furniture is very common and as such the knowledge of wood work is common
too. There are no hidden secrets about making wooden
or wooden chairs
. All you
need is some tools, glue, nails, wood stain and of course some wood from
among the many available types of wood
Initially, you may face certain difficulties but gradually if you keep on
making wood furniture, you'll be a perfect craftsman! To start with, a
simple wooden desk seems to be the easiest item that can be made without too
much fuss. And if the desk is eco -friendly with the use of reclaimed wood,
what's better than that? Here are the steps for making a simple and green
- Three pieces of wood (It's good if the wood is nice and heavy like
cherry wood or walnut wood or any other reclaimed wood) measuring 3"x10"x5'.
If you want to make it more simpler, get them cut from the reclaimed
wood supplier according to your measurement.
- Carpenter's glue
- Table legs
- Vice grips to remove nails
- Circular or a table saw
Steps for Making Wooden Desk
- Remove the nails from the reclaimed wood using hammer and vice grips.
- Sand the wood with sander to make the edges of wood smoother.
- Cut the corners with saw to give them 90 degree angles.
- With the help of mortiser, cut some mortises or little holes in the
wood pieces to join them with a tenon. Tenon is a wood-like stick that
joins pieces of wood together. Decide the number of holes on the basis
of the weight of wood- heavier the wood, more will be the number of
- Sand the surfaces to make them smooth and splinter free.
- Attach the table legs with the help of screws.
- Finish the table as per your choice. You can use penetrating resin,
varnish or some wood stain to give the desk a nice finish.