Uses of Reclaimed Wood FurnitureThere are a number of reasons for which recycled wood furniture is widely demanded in the furniture market today.
- Unique Appeal: The furniture made from recycled wood has its own unique, antique and aesthetic appeal. The furniture looks aesthetically rich and very natural. Recycled wood has a unique character of its own, which can never be seen in new wood. This appeal rendered by recycled wood to the interior decor of a home is simply un-comparable.
- Eco-friendly furniture: Reclaimed furniture has played a pivotal role in saving the environment. For anyone who is concerned about rapid deforestation, global warming, sudden climatic changes, and other environmental concerns, recycled furniture is the best option as it gives new life to old resources. Using recycled furniture means countless trees can continue growing, making the environment more eco friendly.
- Durability and stability: The furniture made of reclaimed wood is certainly sturdier and more durable than any other wood.
- Cost effectiveness: This type of furniture is also very cost effective compared to the fresh wood furniture. Reclaimed furniture is usually offered at discounted prices by furniture making companies but that does not mean that they are of low quality.
Usage of Reclaimed Wood
- Other architectural details and designing in houses or offices etc.
Types of Reclaimed Wood
Reclaimed Wood Furniture
There are a wide variety of wood species which are recycled to make different types of furniture like as follows:
- Antique Oak
- Antique Pine
- Douglas fir
- Heart Pine etc.
Recycled Furniture: Its Increased Popularity & DemandThe environmentally friendly nature and durability and cost effectiveness of reclaimed wood makes it the most desirable option for furniture and home decor items. Reclaimed wood furniture is excellent for any kind of home decor setting â whether traditional and rustic or contemporary. Furniture like beds, chairs, sideboards, closets, and shelving units made from reclaimed wood can add to the beauty of the interior of a home. The reclaimed furniture definitely offers a cost advantage to you. You get affordable yet beautiful, quality furniture without stressing the environment. Besides having the benefits of added strength and durability, the rich texture and coloring of reclaimed and aged wood is highly desirable as it can not be imitated.
You Might like to know How to Build a Simple Eco-Friendly Wood Desk?